Thursday, September 06, 2007

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death...

From Patrick Henry's famous speech in Richmond, VA. I visited Richmond and the James River area last week (my Mama went with me) and took some awesome pictures. The first one is "The Pump House" where Dominion Energy has some offices. It is really cool how they left the "shell" of the building and made modern offices from it. Talk about aesthetic appeal.
Next is a beautiful shot from the back of the Pump House and finally a picture of the James River showing the beauty of the water and the large rocks that break up this river.

I am sewing up my Mama's sweater and hope to have final pictures soon. It is really turning out nicely (if I do say so myself!).

Below is a picture of a baby gift I made for one of my husband's co-workers. He and his wife had twins, 2 girls. I made matching baby bottle covers and booties. I LOVE this baby bottle cover pattern. It is made from pompadour baby yarn and is so darling.
It is from a book I have had for years called Crochet 1 Hour Baby Gifts. I designed the booties myself to match. I recently read that many people didn't know why one would make baby bottle covers. I like to make them for the 4 oz. bottles. Even if the mother is breast feeding they frequently use a small bottle for water or later for juice. These look so special for sending with the baby to church or nursery. Also, baby can hold onto them a little better as they start being able to grasp things.


Now, for something that's bugging the heck out of me. Am I the only one, or does it annoy you when you read someone's blog and then they have a survey at the bottom that wants you to "rate" their post? Geez! Do we really need that approval? Just a pet peeve I've recently accquired. LOL

No comments: