It’s a new year, and what better way to begin anew than with a fresh set of Hodgepodge questions?! Thanks, Joyce, for hosting!
1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?
Travelocity! My DH and I went on our 1st cruise ever with one of his cousins and wife and had a fantastic time.
2. Do you like shrimp? What’s your favorite way to have it prepared?
I LOVE fried shrimp but really I like shrimp nearly everyway except with fettuccini alfredo.
3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?
Normally, I like to get it put away by New Year's Day or the day after but we have been sick and I will probably get it done this week.
4. Do you like to watch scary movies?
No! In the words of a friend, I do not consider being scared out of my wits as entertainment. My DSIL used to trick me into seeing them. I do like a good suspense movie though.
5. Ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?
I really like to Snow-blade. It's like skiing but with much shorter skis. I have only done it a few times but love the sensation of speed and wind. The last time I went over Christmas last year, I got a defective snowblade on one foot - not a good thing. Fortunately, they had some really nice looking snow rescue guys...
6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.
I hated going outside, unless we were going swimming but my mom used to force me to go outside (she did it for my own good...). I used to make a fort in our shed or near it and pretty much cart everything from my room out there...lol.
7. What’s a place or space that motivates you?
I really like my sewing room when I get it all organized and sometimes even organizing it is a lot of fun.
8. My Random Thought
Today, my DH turns 50. We have a new family member who is 5.5 months. We have 2 great kids and a great SIL. We are so very lucky. Here is a pic of our new pride and joy on his 5-mo birthday. Mr. Bright Eyes.